Brussel Sprouts and Cheese
Are you looking for a new way to bring life to your dinner table? My favorite method is to find new things to do with foods we already love. Check out this amazing and quick recipe I have for Brussels sprouts. I choose to serve this with pasta.
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts washed and halved
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- Lemon Zest
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2 oz. of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 a juiced lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (or as many as you’d like)
- 1/4 cup of chopped basil
- 1/3 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Oven Safe Skillet
- Food Processor/Blender
- Wood Spoon
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- In an oven safe skillet heat your olive oil over medium heat, add your Brussels Sprouts (1 lb. washed and halved). Stir until they start to brown, this should take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add your garlic (4 cloves minced) and lemon zest and cook until fragrant.
- Put your skillet in the oven for 10 minutes (your Brussels sprouts should be tender)
- Preheat your oven to Broil (Medium)
- In your food processor add your milk (2/3 cup), goat cheese (2 oz.), Dijon mustard (1 teaspoon), and lemon juice (1/2 a lemon) – pulse until the mixture is smooth then add a pinch of red pepper flakes and basil to the concoction and mix.
- Add your blended contents to the skillet and stir to combine fully
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes (your cheese needs to melt)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper